Flowers and live plats are rather common for my apartment. The overwhelming greens and pops of color help me deal with Winter and bring Summer right inside my home. Just a week ago, all of a sudden soo many lilac blossoms thrust in and covered the neighborhood with purple, burgundy and white shades! I have also brought a bunch of hydrangeas to keep at home and plant in my little garden.
The bright shades of lilac and overwhelming greens make the whole house sing and smile! Especialy great they look with my Dad’s in Law guitar and my DIY painted chair.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Almost every weekend, a hubby, Bally and I pay a visit for our apartment in remodeling stage. The project is coming to an end after a year hard work. As a few finishing touches left, we can order furniture and start accumulating signature items to make our new home more like us.
During weekends, I tend to go for breezy and airy clothing paired with comfortable shoes. An agitation and anxciety collected during a week tend to slowly fade away when I slip into comfortable, relaxing and fun look during my days off.
For a day spend with family strolling down the lane and going to a farmer’s market, a pair of statement leggings in oriental print, a soft flowy blouse and comfortable flats create a relaxing weekend outfit.
My outfit items:
- Silk loose Zara blouse and a vintage Ferragamo belt
- Versace for H&M printed leggings from 2011 collaboration. I print close style here and a solid here
- A pair of red Toms did not make it into a picture )
- Mini Mulberry for Target cross-body bag from 2010 collaboration
Have a Happy Weekend! As for me, I have a driving school to attend and some sun bathing to do!
When it comes to foundation, I am way behind on this topic! Through my whole life, I probably had a total of 4 tubes of foundation and never got to the end of any of them. With foundation, it always looks cakey on me. So naturally I try to stay away from it and use it only if I absolutely have to choice, such as when my skin breaks out or has been under stress.
Seeing that foundations in my make up box approach to about the second year of their life (and still about 75% full), I decided its time to get a new one. After studying reviews on new foundations, I dared to go for a Dior Airfalsh Foundation which appeared at the marked about a year ago.
So far I’ve used it probably ten times since getting it a month ago and here are my favorite things of Dior Airflash Foundation:
- Airfalsh can be used for light to full coverage, it all depends how much product you use. It looks very natural at my cheekbones, and the whole lower section of my face. I tend to over apply at the forehead, so I need to control application to prevent excess foundation
- Dior Airflash is a very quick foundation to use, taking me less than 5 minutes to apply. You just spray it on in a Z-shape and blend it in
- It gives a luxury natural finish requiring no need to use pressed powder or finishing product for the skin
Some moments I do not like about Dior Airflash Foundation:
- It dries up very quickly, so you need to be fast blending it up. For me, I figured that using a damped sponge helps to blend it out quickly and achieve a natural finish
- One day some foundation product got into my crease area, and after applying liquid eyeliner had a feeling of stickiness for the whole day
- It can get messy and transfer into a robe or home clothing while application, so make sure to ether wear a towel or wash your clothing after application. Do not forget to pull back your hair!
Considering that I do not use much foundation, a can of Dior Airflash Foundation would last me a year which would easily justify its high price! So if you are like me, looking for one but great foundation product, give a try to Dior Airspray at Dior counters and maybe you’d like it so much that you want to take it home with you!
For me, Spring is about being feminine and delicate! Spring inspires me to express that I can be both strong and fragile. Changing weather pushes to shift my mood and keep on experimenting and exploring option with all temperature ranges. So if you have min-Spring weather, seize those moments to pair soft summer fabrics with cooler season footwear and accessories!
For an office look, I pulled out my tailored home lounge pants, their pj style shape and soft draped cotton give unlimited level for coziness. Since this was my work outfit with meetings ahead, I paired soft silk and lace blouse and finished with a pair of nude suede heels. I always have a spare jacket with me in the office just in case if more formal meetings take place, as my outfits have to remain consistent with my job.
- PS. I’ve caught myself lingering towards red lips those past weeks. To make red lips wearable all day in the office, now I keep in my weaponry several shades of reds and a mirror in a close rich. To make the red lips office appropriate and stay on for the whole day, I apply a first layer of red lipstick and pat in on with my finger for matte look. For a second layer of red lips, I add a coat of lipstick, blot the excess with paper towel and contour the lip lines to hide the smudges. After drinking tea of water, I always check to see if any color update needs to be made. After lunch, a re-application is needed almost the whole red lip from the start, since a lot of color gets lost while eating.
My outfit items:
- Anthropologie lounge draped pants used as office trousers
- Silk and lace Zara blouse from their Spring 2013 collection
- Sergio Rossi suede nude pumps. Sergio Rossi shoes are a new discovery to me thanks for my sister in law. In spite of their tall heel and 1.5″ platform, his footwear seem to be one the most comfortable pair I have! Compared to ever painful Christian Louboutin shoes, Sergio Rossi’s heels feel comfortable and wearable from morning to late night out!
- Vintage Bally handbag in signature stitching
- A Louis Vuitton Inclusion Bracelet in Rose Poudre shade was a birthday gift from my stylish sister-in-law
Have a Great Monday! I hope this week goes lightly and sunny on you!
A Bally bag, with its signature quilted pattern has had my attention for over 1.5 years. I patiently watched new listings pop up on Ebay, and finally dared to acquire one this past month. My purchase was a vintage flap style Bally in black leather, gold tone hardware and chain shoulder strap.
For some reason, after having oversize Louis Vuittons for past 2 years, I have caught myself wanting something petite with clearly defined shape and easy to go with delicate outfits. So with a Bally bag, I went for a vintage quilted style close to Chanel flaps. This particular vintage Bally has 2 inside sections, inside zipper pocket and an outside compartment for keys and quick items.
Complimenting bag’s long history, the leather is in mint carefully loved condition and hardware has only minor signs of tarnish. After delicate dusting and some cleaning, It has joined my handbag collection and I love my purchase! If you have a Bally bag yourself or looking for one, stop by and share! I’d be curious to see your finds!
Have a sunny Wednesday!